Chapter XXVII
Samuel Henrie

      SAMUEL HENRIE, 5th child of William & Myra (Mayall) Henrie, was b. 27 July 1836, Blue Rock, Hamilton Co., Ohio [bapt. 1856, end. 1 Feb.-Mar. 1862]; m. 1 Dec. 1861, Bountiful, Davis Co., Utah, to Hannah Isabella Ellis. She was b. 31 Dec. 1847, Nauvoo, Hancock Co., Ill, [bapt. 1844-1852- 1854, end.& H. 17 Mar. 1862]; she d. 1930s, Panguitch, Utah, and bur. there 13 Feb. Samuel d. 1910s, in Panguitch, and bur. there 11 Dec.

      Samuel moved with his parents from Ohio to Nauvoo, Illinois, when he was a young man. He remembered the Prophet Joseph Smith, as the family lived neighbors to him. Samuel recounted the incident of being in the meeting after the Prophet’s death, and seeing the mantle of Joseph fall upon Brigham Young. He said Brigham suddenly took on the appearance of the Prophet, in build and looks, and that his voice sounded like the Prophet’s voice, and all thought it was the Prophet speaking for a time.

      When the Saints were driven out of Nauvoo by the mobs, Samuel went with his parents across the river and suffered all the hardships of that early time. When they arrived at Winter Quarters, his father, William Henrie, left his family there and came on to Utah with Brigham Young’s Company. It was not until the next year that the family came into Utah, 1848.

      The Henrie family did not stay long with the main body of Saints after reaching Salt Lake, but moved north a few miles to the settlement of Session which later was renamed Bountiful

      In 1861 Samuel and Isabella were married in Bountiful, and later they went to the Old Endowment House in Salt Lake for their sealings. They made their home for a while in Bountiful, where two children were born, both of them dying in infancy.

      In the year 1865, Samuel was called to help settle Panaca, which was then in the Dixie country. He with other members of his father’s family, including his mother, accepted the call and left a thriving farm and business With three wagons loaded with a few household goods, some machinery and tool some food and mostly seed grains, they started out to again colonize a forbidding country. When they reached the Panaca country, they lived in their wagon boxes and a tent. Their third child was born under adverse conditions and soon died.

      Samuel was captain over a band of minute men, keeping themselves prepared to fight the Indians, who were warlike most of the time. On one occasion he arrested an Indian for killing a white man. After being compelled to show where he had hidden the body, the Indian was hung for the crime, and almost in the door of Isabella’s tent, a short time before their third child was born.

      Samuel was able to procure building materials from an abandoned settlement [p. 333] 30 miles away, and, in spite of the Indians, was able to assemble enough to build a two-room house, with a shingled roof and board floor. This was the first building erected there. It appears that Samuel and his brother James were in partnership, building the first grist mill and later the first saw mill in that part of the country

      They lived in Panaca for 6 years Then a new survey of the country was made and Panaca was made part of the state of Nevada. This survey, coupled with the unsettled Indian affairs and the animosity of the miners toward the Mormon population, made it advisable for the Saints to move to more suitable localities.

      Samuel had hauled some ore for the mining company at Panaca and was offered the job of contracting to haul all the output of the mines. He declined this offer, as he did not feel capable of handling the business end of such a contract with his limited education.

      When the settlement broke up at Panaca, Brigham Young advised the Saints not to go farther north than the Sevier River. So Samuel and his two eons, Samuel E. and John, his wife, and his mother, and James Henrie and his family decided to move to Panguitch on the Sevier, and help to build the second settlement of that place, the first settlement having been destroyed by the Indians and the inhabitants driven out. They lived in the Old Fort for about three months, during that first year of 1871. Samuel and his family then moved out of the Fort to the first house built there–a frame structure which is still standing, in good condition.

      Samuel and James had moved the machinery of the grist mill from Panaca and rebuilt the mill in the extreme southwestern part of Panguitch on what was known as Dickinson Hill. This was the only grist mill ever built in the town. Years later a roller mill was built on the river east of town.

      The Henrie brothers, in connection with John E. Myers, ventured into the store business which became known as the Myers and Henrie Mercantile Co. This was a flourishing and prosperous venture for some years. Then reverses came and the business failed, causing heavy financial loss, from which Samuel did not recover for many years.

      As the families of the brothers grew in numbers and years, it was deemed advisable to dissolve partnership and each follow the trend of his individual labors.

      Samuel became a successful farmer and raised more hay and grain than an other man in the valley. As a further expansion, he took up a large ranch in one of the most beautiful valleys in the country–the “Blue Spring Valley” ranch, located a few miles southwest of Panguitch Lake. It was sheltered by heavily wooded mountains on the west and to the north, and on the south and east by a low ridge of volcanic rock. The Miller family also located in the valley to the south. The valley derived its name from the large Blue Spring lying in a volcanic crater just west of the Miller ranch. A large, ice cold stream flowed from the spring and wended its way down to the lake below, through the verdant meadows of wild grass where fine bred cattle and horses grazed contentedly and grew sleek and fat. These meadows produced about 500 tons of hay yearly, for winter feed. [p. 334]

      Their dairy herd was very productive. Butter produced from the mountain grass was a golden yellow, devoid of artificial coloring, and the rows of huge, orange-colored cheese were not excelled anywhere.

      For many years the family spent the summers at this lovely ranch. But as years advanced and Samuel and Hannah Isabella grew less able to cope with the strenuous chores, they sold the place to their sons Samuel E. and John and retired from ranch life.

      Samuel was noted for his thoroughness. His fences, ditches, and buildings were made to stand and are still in good condition after these long years of use. He built a large brick house on the main highway out of town to the east, and lived there many years, until his death in 1919, at the age of 83 years. No one raised better livestock. His horses were his pride and joy, and the finest hogs were grown on his place.

      He was a reliable citizen, honest to a fault, loved and respected by the entire community, and his sudden death was a blow to all. In the morning of the day he died, he visited his two daughters Ettie and Louisa, who lived a few blocks south of him. He then went several blocks into town, talked and visited with people on the street, went to the post office, then around to his son John’s home, to the north of town, and back to his son James’ home, two blocks west of his own. He daily made trips into town, but not to the extent of visiting his families as he did on this day. He rested for a short while at James’ home, then went to his own. He had a light supper, did his few chores, and suddenly was seized with excruciating pains in his stomach and bowels. Before a doctor could be summoned, he died of extreme gastritis. Two days later he was buried in the Panguitch City Cemetery, just a few hours after the birth of a granddaughter born to James and Manetta.

      HANNAH ISABELLA, wife of Samuel, was born in Nauvoo and as a child of eight walked the entire distance from Nauvoo to Utah. She lived with her parents in Bountiful, Utah, until, and for a few years after, her marriage to Samuel Henrie. She had little chance for schooling other than the learning she absorbed through contact with others. In her later life she became a great reader and enjoyed good books.

      She said, when her third child was born, just after the family had been called into the Dixie country, it rained for days and the neighbors held pans over her bed to keep her dry during her confinement. For days after, everything they owned was soaked with the rain. She felt that giving birth to a baby in a wagon box was more than even Brigham Young should ask of the pioneer mothers. She was always a little resentful at having to leave her comfortable home in Bountiful to pioneer under such conditions. She was very happy, however, when Samuel built the two-room home with a lumber floor and shingled roof that did not leak, and she had room to move around and be comfortable.

      When she lived at the Blue Spring Valley ranch, she had a herd of geese, from which she picked the feathers to make many pillows and a feather bed for every member of her family. Some of those beds were in use for many years. They were soaked and washed in soap suds every spring, which renewed the life of the feathers. It was not an easy task, but with the use of racks for drying and her husky men folk to lift and rinse, the job was [p. 335] accomplished and new beds were the reward.

      While in Panaca, Hannah Isabella raised flax, from which she made cloth for towels, table cloths, sheets, and underwear. During the time her husband and his brother James were building the grist mill, she cooked for the working men. Not having much to work with and no conveniences, it was a hard and trying task. She again cooked for the men after she moved to Panguitch and the same mill was being rebuilt there.

      In order to help with the finances of the family, she knit many pairs of socks and gloves, and sewed many pairs of jeans, which she sold to the Co-op store.

      In 1883, just prior to the birth of her son James Arthur, smallpox in its most malignant form (known to medical science of that day as black smallpox because of its deadly effects) broke out in her family. It was considered fatal to one in her condition. After vaccination, she was moved into an almost empty house, away from the family; and there, with just a midwife and her small children, James was born. The vaccination had become infected and she suffered intense pain and sickness from it. She felt that she suffered more than the ones who had the disease.

      Samuel, her husband, and her eldest son Samuel became ill with smallpox and were dangerously sick. Myra, the daughter of James Henrie, and his adopted Indian boy Vet, had died of the disease; and Hannah Isabella’s condition was not enviable. Thus she gave birth to another child under very trying circumstances. There was no water other than in the ditch, which was not fit for drinking, and the neighbors forbade her sending the children to the wells even for a drink. Some water was carried to her by kind friends and the midwife each morning as she came to care for her and the baby.

      The neighbors, in fact the entire town, were paralyzed with fear, and the Henrie homes were cut off from all contact with the outside for many weeks. A man who had previously had the disease was their only help and nurse.

      In time the disease ran its course. When all were well and out of quarantine, the health board required them to burn even the wagon and harness that had been used to haul the two that had died to a corner of the lot for burial. The family was not permitted to bury them in the city cemetery. Then the floors, ceilings, casings to windows and doors were torn out and burned, and everything they owned in the way of bedding and clothes, such was the fear of the disease. Some even contended that the germ could lodge in the forks of the cottonwood trees and reinfect the community. Many people with homes around Panguitch Lake moved there, although March was entirely too early for living in that high elevation. Most of them had measles there, and thus did not fare much better than their neighbors in town.

      Everything burned? No, Mr. Daley, the nurse, salvaged one feather bed. He hung it in the top of the barn by its four corners, by an opening in the gable where the sun shone on it part of the day and the wind blew freely around it, for weeks. He later used that bed for many months.

      It appears that the smallpox was brought to the Henrie family by the [p. 336] Indian boy Vet, who had been in Arizona visiting his people. It was almost always fatal to the Indians. Black smallpox was rated as the outstanding killer of all diseases until the vaccine for it was found.

      Isabella was proud to have three of her sons fill missions for the Church–Samuel in England, George in West Virginia, and James Arthur in the Samoan Islands.

      After her family was reared, Isabella remained at home almost exclusively. However, in the fall and winter of 1930-31 she went to visit her sons Samuel and James, who lived in Provo. From Provo she went to Midway, in Wasatch Co., to visit her daughter Ettie Carroll. Then she went on to Garland, Box Elder Co., to visit her son George; and for the last of her trip she went to Driggs, Idaho, with her oldest daughter Addie Richards, who had gone to Garland to take her mother home with her. From Garland she went by auto to Deweyville, at 3:00 o’clock in the morning. When they reached Pocatello they stayed two hours and had breakfast. She said, “I had hot water poured through a teapot for tea.” They took another train and finally reached Driggs. She said then, “It was the end of the line, so I had to stop.”

      One would have to know Isabella to appreciate this venture. She had bad legs, which she felt could hardly sustain her weight, and she suffered a good deal with them. After years of being house-bound, this was indeed an undertaking, but she enjoyed every day of her trip. She returned by way of Garland and remained several months. She came to Provo for a few days, then James took her home to Panguitch. He had a fine new car, and the riding was smooth and easy. He said to her, “Mother, how do you like going 60 miles per hour.” She was almost asleep. She started up, looked at the speedometer and cried out, “Land sakes, you must stop this car and let me out. I never went so fast ever before in my whole life.” Then they both laughed and enjoyed the speed the rest of the way.

      Her life was one of love and service. From the very beginning of her marriage, she had a family of four. Her husband’s mother came to live with her. An orphan boy, Bill Pearce, came also. It was never learned who Bill’s parents were, nor anything about him. He lived with her 58 years, till he died Grandmother lived with her 30 years. Along with her nine children, Isabella had a good-sized family

      She worked as willingly for the public as she did for her own. She was the first stake treasurer of the Panguitch Relief Society, and held the position for many years. While acting as treasurer she was one of a committee to procure means to finish the Relief Society hall. The walls, roof, and floor were completed so the committee held dances, sold lunches, etc., to raise the necessary funds. The musicians gave their services and in return were fed by the committee. In this way and by contributions, the hall was finally completed and dedicated For many years Isabella was a Relief Society visiting teacher. She had the river district, and with her horse and buggy she made the day-long trip visiting all the homes up and down the river, once a month. This work she enjoyed very much She was liberal in her donations to any worthy cause, in both time and money.

      After she became permanently house-bound, she resorted to many kinds of [p. 337] needle work. Some she had commenced while on her visit to her children. She used circles of multi-colored silk scraps and sewed them into rosettes, fashioning them into boudoir pillows of many shapes and finishing the edges with ruffles. She made 29 of them, which she gave to children and grandchildren, and contemplated making more. She loved to tat, especially the simple single row of holes, and made more than 1,000 yards for anyone who desired it for handkerchiefs and trimmings for baby clothes. She was bedridden for some time and died at the advanced age of 86 years. (See pictures, pp. 11-12).

      Samuel and Hannah Isabella (Ellis) Henrie had 12 children:

1.       Harriet Amelia Henrie, b. 26 Nov. 1862, Bountiful, Utah, d. 13 Jan. 1863, Bountiful, and bur. there.

2.       Margaret Henrie, b. 15 May 1864, Bountiful, d. 29 June 1864, and bur. in Bountiful.

3.       Myra Isabella Henrie, b. 30 July-Aug. 1866, Panaca, Lincoln Co., Nevada, d. 23 Nov. 1867-8 and bur. there.

4.       Samuel Erastus Henrie, b. 18 Mar. 1868, Panaca; m. Juletta Marian Hancock. (See p. 338.)

5.       John Henrie, b. 23 Oct. 1870, Panaca; m. Sarah Louise Worthen. (See Chapter XXVIII, p. 352.)

6.       George Henrie, b. 12 June 1873, Panguitch, Garfield Co., Utah; m. (1) Lovinnia May Clayton; m. (2) Helen Ortentia Whitman ; m. (3) Lillie Hancock. (See Chapter XXIX, p. 357.)

7.       Addie Rhoana Henrie, b. 4 Apr. 1876, Panguitch, Utah; m. Franklin Dewey Richards (See p. 341.)

8.       Orilla Victoria Henrie, b 5 Dec. 1878, Panguitch; m. (1) Thomas Levi Imlay; m. (2) Reuben Robinson. (See p. 345)

9.       Ettie Henrie, b. 8 Dec. 1880, Panguitch; m. (1) Edmund Fotheringham; m. (2) George Lemon-LeMmon; m. (3) Thomas Alvey; m. (4) Mr. Carrol; m. (5) Alma Lynn. (See Chapter XXX, p. 369.)

10.       James Arthur Henrie, b. 28 Mar. 1883, Panguitch; m. Agatha Manetta Prince. (See Chapter XXXI, p. 376.)

11.       Louisa Henrie, b. 15 Aug. 1885, Panguitch; m (1) Rossmus Lynn; m. (2) Lafayette Craig; m. (3) Charles Beebe; m. (4) Jesse Jean Skinner (See p. 347.)

12.       Chester Henrie, b. 16 Jan. 1889, Panguitch; m. Ruby Pearl Dalton. (See p 349.) [p. 338]


      SAMUEL ERASTUS HENRIE, 4th child of Samuel & Hannah Isabella (Ellis) Henrie, was b. 18 Mar. 1368, Panaca, Lincoln Co., Nev [bapt. 29 Oct. 1876, end. 21 Oct. 1898], d. 1950s, Provo, Utah, and bur. there 17 Mar. He m. 28 Aug. 1901, Salt Lake City (L.D.S. Temple), to Juletta Marion Hancock, dau. of Cyrus Mortimer & Martha Ann (Bracken) Hancock. She was b. 10 Nov. 1869, Pine Valley, Washington Co., Utah [bapt. 1880, end. 28 Aug 1901].

      Sam was reared in Panguitch, Utah, on a farm operated and owned by his father. Early in life he decided he did not want to be a farmer and began preparing for a higher education than the schools there could give him. After completing what schooling he could get at home, he entered the Brigham Young University at Provo, Utah. He taught school for several years and was then elected to fill the position of Garfield County Superintendent of Schools, which position he held for some time and ably performed his duties.

      He was called to serve as a missionary for the Church, and spent two years in England preaching the Gospel. While he was there he lost his hair, but he did not tell his parents about it, nor did he tell them when he would be released. When he reached Marysvale, Utah, 50 miles north of Panguitch and the end of the railroad, he boarded the mail coach (a white top buggy drawn by two nags) and rode all night to Panguitch. It was early morning when he knocked on the door of his home. His fathered opened the door and asked what he wanted, not recognizing him as he was dressed in his missionary garb and had removed his hat. Sam asked if he could stay there for a few days, and was told he might stay and was invited into the house. Still his father did not know him; but when his mother came to the room and heard his voice, she cried, “O, my boy, my boy, why did you not tell us you were coming.” She was almost hysterical with surprise and joy. It is typical of the family to do things in this manner just to get a good laugh out of it and Sam enjoyed his father’s chagrin to the utmost.

      Not long after this he married his long-time sweetheart, Juletta Marion Hancock, a town girl and neighbor.

      Sam tried a number of things in life to finance his family. He was a Forest Supervisor for years and loved his work and the out-of-doors. He owned and managed a sheep herd for years and acquired a considerable fortune. He was prospering and felt that he was on top of the world, so to speak, when a blow fell that wrecked him financially. The sheep had been shorn and were being moved to another range when a blinding blizzard swept over the country, causing them to freeze and smother. Only a small per cent of the herd survived.

      He tried the cleaning and pressing business, known as the Provo Cleaners. This was not too successful, and after he quit that field he went into real estate, operating in Provo and surrounding towns He had established residence in Provo some years previous.

      He loved to play checkers, and after his retirement he spent many happy hours with his brother George, when he came from Garland, Utah. They often spent an entire afternoon at the board, and sometimes far into the night; and it was nip and tuck with them from the start. Sam usually came out victorious, however. He claimed he was the champion checker player of the country. [p. 339]

      Sam loved to talk about the fine horses he raised when a young man and the racers he owned and trained. His brother James was the Jockey and they went to the county fair meets and won a share of the spoils. German, his favorite horse, was fleet and never lost a race.

      When they decided to convert their heating plant from coal to gas, his wife chose a gas range. She was very proud of it and pleased with her shining new kitchen. The range was not automatic as they are today. When she proceeded to prepare the first meal on it, she lighted the burners and called to Sam to “Come here, right now.” He thought something must have gone wrong from the urgency in her voice, and rushed into the kitchen to see what she wanted. She answered, “Here, you just blow this match out. You don’t need to think you are going to get out of all the work.” Aunt Mame, as she was known, was a very quiet, unassuming person, but this incident shows her sense of wit and humor. She would not crack a smile, nor bat an eye lash, which made it all the more amusing.

      Sam was apparently in good health up to the morning of his death. He had not complained of anything unusual. He went to bed and did not awaken, but died in his sleep of a heart attack Aunt Mame is now living with her daughter Isabell at Panguitch, as she is elderly and unable to live alone. They had 6 children:

1.       Joy Henrie, b. 12 May 1902, Panguitch, Utah, d. 1920s, Provo Utah, and bur. there [She was bapt. 1910s, end 1920s].

2.       Erastus Henrie, b. 27 Jan 1905, Panguitch, d. 11 Feb. 1905.

3.       Lovel H. Henrie, b. 29 Dec. 1905, Panguitch [bapt. 1910s]; m, 1920s, Salt Lake City, to Alice Kirby, dau. of Joseph & Mary E. (Murphy) Kirby. She was b. 25 Aug. 1906, Provo, Utah [bapt. 1910s]. Lovel has been engaged in the cleaning and pressing business in Ogden, Utah, for many years. They had 4 children:

(1)       Carol Joy Henrie, b, 1920s, Salt Lake City d. 1940s [bapt. 1930s, end. 1940s].

(2)       Allen Kay Henrie, b. 1920s [bapt. 1930s].

(3)       Robert Lovel Henrie, b. 1940s, Ogden, Utah [bapt. 1950s].

(4)       Linda Ann Henrie, b. 1940s.

4.       Keith Henrie, b. 26 Hay 1905, Marysvale, Piute Co., Utah [bapt, 1910s]; m. 1930s, Salt Lake City, to Zenna Arthur, dau. d Fletcher & Ida (Layton) Arthur. She was b. 6 Feb, 1909, Manassa, Conejos Co., Colo. [bapt. 1920s, at Mesa, Ariz.]; she m. (1) Thomas Daniel Bailly on 8 Dec. 1928 and had a son, Ted LaTrent Bailly, b. 1920s, Provo, Utah; she divorced Bailly in June 1930, Keith Henrie is also in the dry cleaning and pressing business. He and Zenna had 1 child:

(1)       Marilynne Dee Henrie, b. 1930s, Cheyenne, Laramie Co., Wyo. [p. 340]

5.       Isabella Henrie, 5th child of Samuel Erastus & Juletta Marion (Hancock) Henrie, was b. 1910s, Belknap, Sevier Co., Utah [bapt. 1910s, end. & H. 1930s]; m. 1930s, in Salt Lake City (L.D.S. Temple), to Nello Parl Ipson, s, of Hans Peter & Sarah Elizabeth (Marshall) Ipson. He was b. 1910s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1910s, end. 1930s].

            Isabella received her early education in the Joseph, Utah, and Provo elementary schools, and graduated from Provo High School She has been actively associated with the Lady Lions, Questers, and Better Homes clubs of Panguitch, holding the offices of vice- president and president. She affiliated with the ward and stake Primary for 15 years, was teacher of Sunday School and M.I.A., and presently holds the office of visiting teacher of Relief Society in which capacity she has labored for 10 years.

            Nello received his B.S. degree from Brigham Young University in 1935. He is now a service station operator for the Utoco Refining Co. He was superintendent of North Ward Sunday School for 2 years; has been active in Junior Chamber of Commerce, Lions Club, Wild Life, and Business Mens Club of Panguitch. They had 2 children:

(1)       Doyle N. Ipson, b. 1930s, Provo, Utah [bapt. 1940s]. He graduated from high school as an honor student in 1953 and received a scholarship to the University of Utah, which he is presently attending. He was active in high school as class president, secretary-treasurer of the basket ball team, on the editorial staff of the year book and school paper; he took leading parts in school and M.I.A. plays; has danced in the M.I.A. June festivals and was chosen king to dance a solo with the queen during the floor show of the graduating class.

(2)       Nila Mae Ipson, b. 1940s, Richfield, Utah [bapt. 1940s]. She has been president of her Sunday School, Primary, and 4th grade classes.

6.       Meta Henrie, b. 1910s, Joseph, Sevier Co., Utah [bapt. 1920s, end. & H. 1930s]; m. 1930s, in Salt Lake City (L.D.S. Temple), to Earl D. Hone, s. of George Adam & Nor. (Stewart) Hone. He was b. 17 Sept. 1908, Benjamin, Utah [bapt. 1910s, end. 1920s]. They had 4 children:

(1)       Barbara Dee Hone, b, 1930s, Brigham, Utah [bapt. 1940s].

(2)       Earl Lynn Hone, b. 1930s, Tremonton, Utah [bapt. 1940s].

(3)       George Dean Hone, b. 1940s, Provo, Utah.

(4)       Jo Ann Hone, b. 1940s, Ogden, Utah. [p. 341]


      ADDIE RHOANA HENRIE, 7th child of Samuel & Hannah Isabella (Ellis) Henrie, was b. 4 Apr. 1876, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 5 June 1884]; m. 17 June 1894, Panguitch, to Franklin Dewey Richards, s. of Morgan & Eiizabeth (John) Richards. He was b. 24 Feb. 1870, Panaca, Lincoln Co., Nev. [bapt. 29 July 1877].

      Addie Rhoana received her education in Panguitch. She married at the age of 18 at her father’s home, and lived in Panguitch for six years after her marriage. She and Franklin then moved to Idaho with their two living children.

      She had never been away from home and her people before, and it was very hard for her to stay in Idaho. To make it sadder and more lonely for her, Hattie, their little seven year old girl, was burned to death. She and her friend were playing by a fire. The other girl suggested they play at jumping over the fire, “You jump over first and then I will.” Hattie jumped over it but stepped onto a can, which rolled and threw her backward into the blaze. Before anyone reached her, all her clothing was burned off except her shoes. The playmate came running to tell her mother and when she reached the scene, neighbors had carried her into a house. All Addie saw were the large blisters on her legs; then she fainted. Hattie lived three days in agony and suffering. She would go into convulsions and when she rallied would look up at her mother and say, “Mommy, don’t cry, I’m all right.” She was patient in her suffering and it was pitiful to watch her. The neighbors and friends were kind and thoughtful, doing all they could to help sustain the family in this great sorrow. After the services and burial were over, Addie prepared to go home for a visit with her family. She stayed a month and then returned to her own home, where she and her husband fought the battle of loss alone.

      They lived at Driggs, Idaho, for four years, then moved to Alta, Wyo. and filed on a government homestead right of 160 acres of farming land. At least it became “farming land” after many sacrifices, hard work, and cultivation. Sometimes it was very difficult to make the payments, but at last they succeeded. Their first home there was a tent, while a house was being built. The place was not self-supporting at first and Frank worked for a Bill Taylor to add to the income. Addie stayed on the place to hold the title or to prove up on it. Ray Kimball, a friend, would come out Saturday nights and he and Frank would work on the house Sundays. They were able to move into it before the winter set in.

      After 20 years of labor on the place, Frank was stricken with arthritis and they had to move back to Driggs, where the help of a physician could be obtained; and they have resided there since.

      Six children had been born to them in Alta and two in Driggs, making a large family to care for. When their youngest son was born, Frank went for help and became stuck in a snow drift, taking much longer to get back than he had intended. When he finally did arrive, the baby was an hour old. Addie was frightened and very cold. The fire had burned itself out and she was unable to rebuild it. However, both the baby and she got along all right and were none the worse physically for the experience. [p. 342]

      Their second set of twins were born in February when it was very cold. During her hour of labor, the house caught on fire and what a busy time Frank and the nurse had. The roof had caught fire from sparks from the chimney, and the danger was not immediate. They were wondering what best to do, carry Addie out into the snow, or fight the fire. The nurse stood by to help Addie and Frank fought the fire by shoveling snow onto the roof. Snow lay deep in that region during the winter months. What a night to give birth to twins! They were named Mary Isabella and Elizabeth Jane. Mary Isabella lived eight or nine days; Elizabeth Jane died a few hours after birth.

      Frank gradually grew worse; the arthritis took first one part of his body and then another until his hands were very crippled and all his body. For years Addie worked to care for him and her family, doing laundry for people and anything that came her way, till other means were provided.

      Their children have been very good and helpful, and have done all they could to make life a little easier for their parents. They are both old now but feel that life has been good to them in spite of some of the sorrows and hardships. They feel that they have done very well in rearing their children to marry and have homes of their own. They did their share toward building up the communities where they have lived.

      Franklin Dewey & Addie Rhoana (Henrie) Richards had 12 children:

1.       Twin, un-named, b. 10 May 1895, Panguitch, Utah.

2.       Twin, un-named, b. 10 May 1895, Panguitch.

3.       Harriet Addie Richards, b. 26 July 1896, Panguitch, d. 10-11 May 1903, burned to death while playing around a bonfire.

4.       Samuel Richards, b. 8 Aug. 1899, Panguitch; m. (1) Maggie Leatha Wilding; m. (2) Dora Larson.

5.       Franklin Dewey Richards Jr., b. 10 Feb. 1903, Driggs, Idaho [bapt. 5. July 1913]; m. 1930s, Jackson, Wyo., to Josephine Webb. He m. (2) Stella Stewart, who had been previously married and had a family; she died 2 years after her marriage to Franklin. He was a laborer. No children.

6.       James Elva Richards, b. 3 Jan. 1905, Driggs, Idaho [bapt. 1910s]; m. 1930s, St. Anthony, Idaho, to Virga Severe, dau. of Lyman Carlos & Ida Myrtle (Hunter) Severe. She was b. 1910s, Oakley, Cassia Co., Idaho [bapt. 1920s]. They had 5 children:

(1)       James Loy Richards, b. 1930s, St. Anthony, Idaho, d. 1930s.

(2)       Gary Evans Richards, b. 1930s, St. Anthony [bapt. 1940s].

(3)       Robert Niel Richards, b. 1940s, Rexburg, Idaho [bapt. 1940s]. [p. 343]

(4)       James E. Richards, b. 1940s, Rexburg, Idaho [bapt. 1940s].

(5)       Alan Kent Richards, b. 1940s, Salt Lake City, Utah.

7.       John Alton Richards, 7th child of Franklin Dewey & Addie Rhoana (Henrie) Richards, was b. 12 July 1907, Alta, Uintah Co., Wyo. [bapt; 9 Sept. 1916, end. 1940s]; m. 1930s, Rigby, Idaho, to LaVetta Clifford, dau. of Jedediah Grant & Viola (Butler) Clifford. She was b. 19 Apr. 1909, Grant, Jefferson Co., Idaho [bapt. 1910s, end. & H. 1940s]. They had 3 children:

(1)       Gene Murdell Richards, b. 1930s, Idaho Falls, Bonneville Co., Idaho.

(2)       Ray Duane Richards, b. 1930s, Idaho Falls.

(3)       Linda Richards, b. 1940s, Rigby, Idaho.

8.       Edward Richards, b 1910s, Alta, Wyo. [bapt. 1910s]; m. 1930s, Idaho Falls, Idaho to Sarah-Sara Ann Kirkham, dau. of Thomas & Georgia (Whittemore) Kirkham. She was b. 1910s, Sugar City, Madison Co., Idaho [bapt. 1920s]. Edward is an electrician They had 2 children:

(1)       Dorothy Gail Richards, b. 1930s, Ashton, Fremont Co , Idaho; m 1950s, to Ray Woodall.

(2)       Joyce Arlene Richards, b. 1930s, Brawley, Imperial Co , Calif.

9.       Mary Isabella Richards, b. 1910s, Alta, Wyo., d. 1910s.

10.       Elizabeth Jane Richards, twin to Mary Isabella, b. 1910s, d. same day.

11.       Zelda Rhoana Richards, b. 1910s, Alta, Wyo. [bapt 1920s, end & H. 1930s]; m. 1930s, in Salt Lake City (L.D.S. Temple), to Dwight Clifford Stone, s. of James Fredrick & Minerva Caroline (Smith) Stone. He -was b. 1910s, Driggs, Idaho [bapt. 1910s, end. 1930s].

            Dwight filled a mission in the Southern States, 1930-1933, under Pres. Clarles A. Callis, Mission President. He has been ordained to all the offices of the Priesthood; has affiliated with the M.I.A. as a member of the Stake Board, also Sunday School Stake board; has filled a stake mission; was set apart as a High Priest and Bishop of Chapin Ward, Teton Stake, 4 May 1941, by Elder Harold B. Lee, and is presently serving in that capacity. He is now the County Recorder. He has worked as a carpenter, truck driver, mason, plasterer, and farmer. They are a happy family, with their 6 children: [p. 344]

            Children of Dwight Clifford & Zelda Rhoana (Richards) Stone:

(1)       Berkly Earl Stone, b. 1930s, Driggs, Idaho [bapt. 1940s].

(2)       Carol Diane Stone, b. 1930s, Rexburg, Idaho [bapt. 1940s].

(3)       Lynne Ileen Stone, b. 1940s, Driggs, Idaho [bapt. 1950s].

(4)       Rae Arleen Stone, b. 1940s, Driggs [bapt. 1950s].

(5)       Melvin Oral Stone, b. 1940s, Driggs.

(6)       Grace Elaine Stone, b. 1950s, Driggs.

12.       Betty Uzel Richards, 12th child of Franklin Dewey & Addie Rhoana (Henrie) Richards, was b. 1910s, Alta, Wyo [bapt. 1920s]; m. Alma Ray Carpenter. He was b. 1910s, Keo, Lonoke Co., Ark., a non-member of L.D.S. Church. Betty and Alma were divorced, and she m. (2) 23 Dec. 1950, Blackfoot, Idaho, to Wesley Vernon Glass, s. of Edward E. & Gladys L. (Lynn) Glass. He was b. 1910s, Centralia, Lewis Co , Washington, a non-member of the Church. Betty and Alma had 2 children:

(1)       Alma Richards Carpenter, b. 1940s, San Luis Obispo, Calif. [bapt. 1950s].

(2)       Addie Arleen Carpenter, b. 1940s, Bakersfield, Kern Co., Calif [bapt. 1950s].

      SAMUEL RICHARDS, 4th child of Franklin Dewey & Addie Rhoana (Henrie) Richards, was b. 8 Aug 1899, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 12 July 1908, end. 1920s]; m. 1920s, Driggs, Idaho, to Maggie Leatha Wilding, dau. of Henry David & Eliza Hannah (Oldham) Wilding. She was b. 18 July 1900, in Rexburg, Madison Co., Idaho [bapt. 5 Sept. 1908, end. & H. 1920s in Salt Lake (L.D.S. Temple)]; she d. 1950s, Sugar City, Idaho, and bur. 30 Mar. in Brigham City, Utah.

      Samuel m. (2) 10 Nov. 1953, Idaho Falls (L.D.S. Temple) for time, to Dora Larson. She was previously married to Dellis Glen Hill and had 6 children by him. [All were sealed to them 2 Oct. 1944, and though the record does not give her bapt., end. & sealing to Mr. Hill, the date of the sealing of the children would indicate she had been sealed to Hill with the 6 children.]

      Samuel and Maggie Leatha had 4 children:

1.       Wanda May Richards, b. 1920s, Alta, Wyo. [bapt. 1930s]; m. 1940s, Brigham City, Utah, to Widen Merrill Day. [p. 345] Widen Merrill Day was a s. of Abraham E. & Margaret (Tatton) Day, b, 1920s, Salina, Sevier Co , Utah [bapt. 1930s]. He and Wanda had 3 children, all b, in Salt Lake City, Utah:

(1)       Margaret Lee Day, b. 1940s.

(2)       Barbara Jene Day, b. 1940s.

(3)       Kenneth Widen Day, b. 1940s.

2.       Dean LeRoy Richards, 2nd child of Samuel & Maggie Leatha (Wilding) Richards, was b. 1920s, Garland, Utah [bapt 1930s]; m. 1940s, Lola Wight.

3.       Faye Richards, b. 1920s, Garland [bapt. 1930s, end. & H. 1950s]; m. 1950s, In Logan (L.D.S Temple), to Clyde L. Nichols, s. of Ernest R. & Caroline Edith (George) Nichols. He was b. 1920s, Salt Lake City [bapt.; end 1950s].

            They had 1 child:

(1)       Bryan Richard Nichols, b. 1950s, Salt Lake City.

4.       Samuel Lynn Richards, b. 1930s, Garland [bapt 1930s].


      ORILLA VICTORIA HENRIE, 8th child of Samuel & Hannah Isabella (Ellis) Henrie, was b. 5 Dec. 1878, Panguitch, Utah ,bapt. 31 July 1887, end. 1930s, she was not H]; she d. 1930s, Ely, White Pine Co., Nevada, and was bur. 31 July at Richfield, Utah. She m. (1) 17 May 1897, Panguitch, to Thomas Levi Imlay as his 2nd wife. He was b. 26 May 1867, Salt Lake City, s. of Joseph James & Mary Ann (Pettit) Imlay [bapt. 22 June 1879]; he is dead. Orilla m. (2) 5 Feb. 1906, Panguitch, to Reuben Robinson, s. of Timothy & Julia Ann (Haden) Robinson. He was b. 14 Dec, 1875, Paragonah, Utah [bapt. 6 Feb. 1884], d. 1950s, Ely, Nevada, and bur. in Richfield Utah Orilla was killed in an auto accident. She and Thomas had 2 children:

1.       Minetta Isabella Imlay, b. 24 Feb, 1898, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 7 June 1908], d 1950s, Garfield, Utah, and was bur. at Tooele, Utah, 16 Aug She m. 1910s, Panguitch, to Oscar Zoram Thompson, s. of Tyler Hasten & Christa Symanthia (Elrod) Thompson. He was b. 23 May l890, Putnam Co., Tenn. They had 6 children:

(1)       Oscar Vermont Thompson, b. 1910s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1920s].

(2)       Althea Thompson, b. 1910s [bapt. 1920s]; m a as his 2nd wife, to Preston D. Orton, on 19 Apr 1934, at Junction, Utah. He was b. 9 Apr. 1906, Panguitch [bapt. 1910s, end. 1930s], s. of Henry Saddler & Mary Elizabeth (Linford) Orton. Preston m. (1) Emma Henrie, dau. of John Nathaniel & Emma (Lee) Henrie. (See p. 250.) [p. 346]

      Preston D. & Althea (Thompson) Orton had 1 child:

a.       Merle Orton, b. 1930s.

(3)       Thomas Hasten Thompson, 3rd child of Oscar Zoram & Minetta Isabella (Imlay) Thompson, was b. 1920s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1930s].

(4)       Henry Garn Thompson, b. 1920s, Santaquin, Utah [bapt 1930s].

(5)       Nettie Thompson, b. 1920s, Lyndall, Utah.

(6)       Fay Thompson, b. 1930s, Panguitch; m. 1950s, Salt Lake City, to Sherman W. Ashworth, s. of Bert Ashworth.

2.       James Franklin Imlay, b. 29 Nov. 1903, Panguitch [bapt. 1910s, end. 1930s], d. 1920s, at Tooele, Utah, from an appendicitis operation. He m. Manli Mark Waters.

Reuben & Orilla Victoria (Henrie) Robinson had 5 children:

3.       Marguretta Robinson, b. 27 Sept. 1906, Circleville, Utah [bapt. 1910s]; m. (1) 25 Oct. 1922, Panguitch, Utah, to Tillman Thompson, s. of Tyler Hasten & Christa Aymanthis (Elrod) Thompson. He was b. 28 Dec. 1900. They were divorced and she m. (2) Joseph H. Johnson, whom she divorced, and m. (3) Thomas Messman. She is a beauty operator and has worked at the business for many years. Marguretta and Tillman had 1 child:

(1)       J. R. Thompson, b. 1920s, Richfield, Utah [bapt. 1930s].

4.       George Mondell Robinson, b. 17 Dec. 1908, Circleville, Utah [bapt. 1910s]; m. (1) 16 June 1928, Richfield, Utah, to Frances Carmen Chaves, dau. of Onesimo & Kathrine (Martines) Chaves-Chavis. She was b. 4 Oct. 1908, New Mexico. They were divorced. George m. (2) Erma Worthen, dau. of Fredric & Hannah Minerva (Reynolds) Worthen, b. 1910s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1920s]. George and Erma had 2 children:

(1)       Fred G. Robinson, b. 1930s, Panguitch.

(2)       Rena Robinson, b. 1930s, Panguitch.

5.       Myrtle Amelia Robinson, b. 1910s, Spry, near Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1920s]; m. 1920s, Elsinore, Sevier Co., Utah, to Harold Taylor Farnsworth, s. of Milford Griffis & Lois Rebecca (Gunn) Farnsworth. He was b. 11 Mar. 1905, Frisco, Millard Co., Utah [bapt. 1910s]. They had 3 children, b. in Ely, White Pine Co., Nevada: [p. 347]

            Children of Harold Taylor & Myrtle Amelia (Robinson) Farnsworth:

(1)       Bertha Ellen Farnsworth, b. 1920s [bapt. 1930s m. Eli Evasovic.

(2)       Wesley Harold Farnsworth, b. 1930s [bapt. 1930s]; m. Barbara Leon Duval.

(3)       Clyde Ray Farnsworth, b. 1930s [bapt. 1950s].

6.       Audrey Robinson, dau. of Reuben & Orilla Victoria (Henrie) Robinson was b. 1910s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1920s]; m. (1) 3 Feb. 1931, Richfield, Utah, to Christian Leroy Hansen, s. of James Peter Hansen. He was b. 6 Sept. 1906, Elsinore, Utah. They separated and she m. (2) John Erastus Boyce, on 4 June 1934, in Salt Lake City. He was b. 29 Oct. 1908, Rigby, Jefferson Co., Idaho, the s. of Edward Franklin & Merenda Sophia (Amundson) Boyce. After their separation, Audrey m. (3) Mr. Tew. Audrey and Christian had 2 children:

(1)       Dorlaine Hansen, b. 1930s, Richfield, Utah.

(2)       Ronald Leroy Hansen, b. 1930s, Richfield, d. 1930s-3, at Richfield, and bur. there.

            Audrey and John Erastus had 3 children:

(3)       John Everett Boyce, b. 1930s, Salt Lake City, Utah.

(4)       Betty Marie Boyce, b. 1930s, Dividend, Utah.

(5)       Reuben Franklin Boyce, b. 1930s, Dividend.

7.       Henrie Otto Robinson, b. 1910s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1920s]; m. 1940s, to Donna Rae Liddle, dau. of Arthur LeRoy & Marjorie (Solomon) Liddle. She was b. 1920s. They had 3 children:

(1)       Donald Bruce Robinson, b. 1940s, Salt Lake City.

                  (2)       Gayle Ann Robinson, b. 1950s, Salt Lake City.

                  (3)       Claudia Robinson, b. 1950s, Salt Lake City.


      LOUISA HENRIE, 11th child of Samuel & Hannah Isabella (Ellis) Henrie, was b. 15 Aug. 1885, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 24 June 1894, end. & H. 1910s, Manti (L.D.S. Temple)]. She m. (1) Rossmus Lynn, s. of Henry Austin & Elizabeth (Hess) Lynn. He was b. 11 Sept. 1885, Panguitch [bapt. 9 Aug. 1896, end. 1910s]; he d. 1910s, Panguitch, and bur. there 9 June. [p. 348]

      Louisa Henrie spent her entire life in Panguitch on her father’s ranch at Blue Spring Valley, a few miles from Panguitch Lake, until the death of her first husband, Rossmus (Ross) Lynn. He suffered a ruptured appendix and when operated it was too late to save him, and he died. Louisa had a hard struggle to provide for their 3 children, and worked very hard at any kind of labor she could find to do. After years of struggle she married (2) Charles Beebe. They had one child. On one of Louisa’s visits home to see her mother, he sold all their household furniture and all other possessions they had and left the country, leaving her absolutely destitute. Her (3) marriage was not successful and again she divorced. After a few years of harder struggle to care for her 4 children, she married (4) Jesse Jean Skinner, as his second wife.

      Jess was a good man and they lived together fairly well for 15 years, when he had a stroke and became bedfast for the last seven years of his life. Louisa cared for him as long as her health would permit, and then he was taken to the hospital, where he remained till his death. He had worked many years at the mines in Ely and was eligible for hospital care. His body was taken to Beaver, Utah, for burial.

      Since Jess died, and again Louisa is alone, she has had the opportunity of traveling to some adjoining states and passing through some beautiful country. She has made many friends and spends considerable time working in the St. George Temple.

      Rossmus and Louisa (Henrie) Lynn had 3 children, all b. in Panguitch:

1.       Lora Lynn, b. 9 Apr. 1906 [bapt. 2 Oct. 191 5]; m. 1920s, in Los Angeles, Calif , to Aldrew Fay Bradfield, s. of Thomas Henry & Kathryn (Smith) Bradfield. He was b. 22 Jan. 1902, Minersville, Beaver Co., Utah. They had 2 children, b. in Milford, Utah:

(1)       Dolores Bradfield, b. 1930s [bapt. 1930s]; m. 1940s, Milford, to Doyle Watson He gland, s. of Emmet Antonious & Frances (Ruth) He gland. He was b. 1920s, Linn Grove, Buena Vista Co., Iowa, non- member of L.D.S. Church. They had 2 children:

a.       Kenneth Ralph Hegland, b. 1940s, Delano, Kern Co., Calif.

b.       Sandra Lee Hegland, b. 1950s, Delano.

(2)       Thomas Fay Bradfield, b. 1930s, Milford, Utah.

2.       Lora and her husband settled down in Milford, where he is working or the railroad. Their son is in the Navy and that is an anxiety for them. They are happy in their lovely home and contented to do what the day brings.

2.       Dwight Rossmus Lynn, b. 21 Nov. 1907 [bapt. 1910s, P. 1910s], d. 1940s, Salt Lake City, and bur. 7 Feb. at Milford, Utah. He m. 1930s, McGill, Clark Co., Nev., to Ada Margaret Anderson, dau. of John C. & Sarah Hazel (Carter) Anderson. [p. 349]

            Ada Margaret Anderson was b. 1910s, Moroni, Sanpete Co., Utah. She and Dwight Rossmus Lynn were divorced 3 months after their marriage. She has remarried to Bud Gibson and has 2 children.

3.       Reva Lynn, 3rd child of Rossmus & Louisa (Henrie) Lynn, was b. 3 Dec. 1909 [bapt. 1910s, P. 1910s]; m. (1) 15 Nov. 1927, Beaver, Utah, to Charles Fabin Mattingby, s. of Eugene E. & Lennie Mattingby. He was b. 31 Oct. 1907, in Illinois. He and Reva were divorced and she m. (2) Shirley Franklin Brown. They have been happily married for more than 18 years. There are 24 years between her two children and she is very happy with her family. Charles and Reva had 1 child:

(1)       Carlod D. Mattingby, b. 1920s, Milford, Utah, unmarried. He served 4 years in the Navy. After his discharge, he went to California to go to school.

            Shirley Franklin and Reva had 1 child:

(2)       Scott Lynn Brown, b. 1930s, Ely, White Pine Co.,Nev

Louisa (Henrie) Lynn m, (3) 16 Feb. 1914, Richfield, Utah, to Charles Bebee, s. of Oscar & Olive (Foote) Bebee. He was b, 28 Nov. 1889, Castle Dale, Utah. They had 1 child:

4.       Dee Bebee, b. 1910s, Emery, Emery Co., Utah [bapt. 1920s]; m. 1930s, Provo, Utah, to Grant Draper Anderson, s of Andrew M. & Olive L. (Draper) Anderson. He was b. 4 Aug. 1909, Moroni, Utah [bapt. 1910s]. Dee and Grant have established a home in Reno, Nevada, where he profitably operates a grocery store. They had 3 children:

(1)       Joyce D. Anderson, b. 1930s, Ely, White Pine Co., Nevada [bapt. 1940s]; m 1950s, to Grant Truman. Joyce and Grant are attending college.

In the book as White Pine Co.
      (2)       Nancy Clair Anderson, b 1930s, Reno, Washoe Co., Nevada [bapt. 1940s]. She graduated from high school in 1953.

(3)       Grant Draper Anderson Jr., b. 1930s, Reno [bapt. 1940s]. He plays an accordion.


      CHESTER HENRIE, 12th child of Samuel & Hannah Isabella (Ellis) Henrie, was b. 16 Jan. 1889, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 27 Aug. 1897, end. 1930s]; m. 2 Apr. 1908, Cedar City, Utah, to Ruby Pearl Benson, dau. of Jabez Lewis & Bell C. (McPherson) Benson. She was b. 16 Mar. 1890, Provo, Utah [bapt.; end. & H. 1930s, St. George L.D.S. Temple]. Chester has been a farmer and road construction laborer. [p. 350]

      Chester & Ruby Pearl (Benson) Henrie had 6 children:

1.       Dora Maurine Henrie, b. 23 Jan. 19O9, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1910s]; m. (1) Joseph Henderson, 1 July 1927, in Panguitch. They were divorced and she m. (2) 27 Oct. 1930, Panguitch, to Clark Veater, s. of James Morgan & Maud (Kessler) Veater. He was b. 11 June 1906, Spry, Garfield Co., Utah [bapt. ]. Clark and Dora had 6 children:

(1)       Vallon Clark Veater, b. 1930s, Panguitch, Utah.

(2)       Dan Devon Veater, b. 1930s, Panguitch, d. 1930s

(3)       Terre Mae Veater, b. 1930s, Panguitch.

(4)       Roma Maurine Veater, b. 1930s, Panguitch.

(5)       Arva Lee Veater, b. 1940s, Panguitch

(6)       Henrie James Veater, b. 1940s, Panguitch.

2.       Chester Torild Henrie, b. 1910s, Panguitch, d. 1940s, Carlin, Nev., and bur. 2 July in Panguitch. [He was bapt. 1920s, end. 1930s]. He was m. 1930s, Panguitch, to Nina Sargent, dau. of Norman & Mary Dempster (Houston) Sargent. She was b. 1910s, Panguitch [bapt. 1920s, end. & H. 1930s].

            Chester Torild was killed in a road construction accident at or near Car in, Nev. He was working on one piece of machinery when another one backed down a grade. He was crushed between the two and instantly killed. he was a fine young man, with a promising future ahead of him if this accident had not cut his life short in his early years. Nina, his wife, remarried after a few years, and has children by her present husband.

            Chester Torild and Nina had 3 children:

(1)       Norman F. Henrie, b. 1930s, Richfield, Utah [bapt.]. [ P. 1930s].

(2)       Gordon C. Henrie, b. 1930s, Panguitch [bapt., P 1930s].

(3)       Tarla Henrie (female), b. 1940s [bapt.].

3.       Leslie B. Henrie, b. 1910s, Panguitch [bapt. 1920s]; m.

4.       Arvel Henrie, b. 1910s, Tropic, Utah [bapt. 1920s]; m.

5.       Roma Bell Henrie, b. 1920s, Tropic, Utah [bapt. 1920s, end. & H. 1930s]; m. 1930s, in St. George (L.D.S. Temple), to Wayne F. Barney, s. of Lewis Franklin & Vilate Irene (Riggs) Barney. He was b. 1920s, Hatch, Garfield Co., Utah [bapt. 1920s, end. 1930s]. [p. 351]

            Wayne F. & Roma Bell (Henrie) Barney had 5 children:

(1)       Dora Irene Barney, b. 1940s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1940s].

(2)       Robert Wayne Barney, b 1940s, Panguitch [bapt. 1950s].

(3)       Leslie H. Barney, b 1940s, Ogden, Utah.

(4)       Steven Barney, b. 1940s, Ogden.

(5)       Roma Lee Barney, b. 1950s, Ogden.

6.       Archie Henrie, 6th child of Chester & Ruby Pearl (Benson) Henrie, was b. 1920s, Tropic, Utah [bapt. 1930s]; m. 1940s, Las Vegas, Nevada, to Margaret Christine Haycock, dau. of Albert Frank & Margaret Ellen (Davis) Haycock. She was b. 1920s, Panguitch, Utah [bapt. 1930s]. They had 1 child:

(1)       Michael Archie Henrie, b. 1950s, Panguitch, Utah. [p. 352]